Friday, January 15, 2010

For Son and Daughter


Dear Son...

The day that you see me old and I am already not
Have patience and try to understand me
If get dirty when eating
If I cannot dress
Have patience
Remember the hours I spent teaching it to you

If, when I speak to you
I repeat the same things
Thousand and one times
Do not interrupt me
Listen to me

When you were small
I had to read to you
Thousand and one times the same story
Until you get to sleep

When I do not want to have a shower
Neither shame me nor scold me
Remember when I had to chase with thousand excuses I invented
In order that you wanted to bath

When you see my ignorance
On new technologies
Give me the necessary time
And do not look at me with your mocking smile

I taught you how to do so many things
To eat good
To dress well
To confront life

When at some moment I lose the memory
Or the thread of our conversations
Let me have the necessary time to remember
And if I cannot do it
Do not become nervous
As the most important thing is not my conversation
But surely to be with you
And to have you listening to me

If ever I do not want to eat
Do not force me
I know well
When I need to and when not

When my tired legs not allow me to walks
Give me your hand
The same way I did
When you gave your first step

And when someday I say to you
That I do not want to live any more
That I want to die
Do not get angry
Some day you will understand
Try to understand that
My age is not lived but survived

Some day you will discover that
Despite my mistakes
I always wanted the best thing for you
And that I tried to prepare the way for you

You must not feel sad
Angry or impotent for seeing me near you
You must be next to me
Try to understand me and to help me
As I did it when you started living

Help me to work
Help me to end my way with love and patience
I will pay you by smile and by the immerse love
I have had always for you

I love you son...


Your Father


p/s: Saya tidak dapat memastikan penulis asal poem ini. Tetapi poem ini menyentuh perasaan saya semasa membacanya. Saya yakin poem ini memang dihasilkan seseorang yang sudah berjiwa 'ayah' yang meluahkan perasaannya. Gembirakanlah mereka dan jangan biarkan mereka kecewa. Hargai mereka sementara mereka masih ada...



2 comments:

  1. salam hadi. nice posting ^_^

    actually, dh pernah bace poem ni sebelum2 ni. dh lame gakla. ade je save powerpoint slide nye dlm laptop. siap dgn music yg sayu kdgrn. mmg btol2 touching la.. bait kata2 nye pn cukup menyayat hati..

    apepun, itulah luahan seorang bapa, yg telah membesarkan si anak dgn melayan pelbagai karenahnya, namun tetap bersabar. teringat iklan "burung apa?".. pn lbh kurang je kan.. betapa sabar si bapa melayan karenah si anak, sedangkan si anak, bagaiman layanannya terhadap si bapa?? fikir2kan dan renung2kanlah..

    semoga "luahan" hati si bapa ni dtgkan kesedaran n keinsafan buat kita semua, strsnya membuat kita lebih menghargai dan melayan baik bapa (dan juga ibu) kita..

    ReplyDelete
  2. to hani...

    wslm...aah,pengorbanan mereka mmg tkde tandingn...
    teringat sy masa waktu matrik dlu,,sy kne demam yg agak teruk then rase x tahan sgt saya kol ayah,,pas2 lps je kol ayah terus dtg dr tempat keje ke melaka dr nilai amek emergency leave lg utk bwk sy plg ke rumah...i2 diantara sedikit cebisan kasih syg mereka kpd kita...semoga kita bersyukur kpd-Nya yg menganugerahkan kita ibu dan ayah yg menyayangi...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails